Monday, February 09, 2009

demand more from dundee government

Greetings. As those in the Dundee area know, recycling plastic bottles is a difficult task. The University of Dundee has zero places to recycle plastic bottles, yet sell many of them (through cafeterias and vending machines) every single day.

This doesn't make sense.

I have emailed the city council asking for plastic bottle recycling bins to be provided. They said "we are working on it". When I told them that I was willing to collect the plastic bottles myself, they gave me the same answer.

This is unacceptable.

Below is a movie that documents the trip I make to recycle plastic bottles. I used my digital camera, so the quality is poor, but I think it still makes the point.

Enjoy the video, and please make your voice heard. Thanks.
(Also, huge thanks to More Than Just Aliens for the original music).

No comments: