Both Brian Carlin and Mel Woods mentioned staying motivated as a key factor in completing a project—in their case creating a new product out of nothing.
So what does this mean to me? What will keep me motivated to work on this third semester project idea of mine (bicycle friendly cities)? I've made a list:
1. Riding a bicycle around NYC and feeling at peace in a city where peace is hard to find.
2. Riding a rented bicycle around Amsterdam and discovering an unknown city.
3. Thinking of the time I have spent sitting in traffic.
4. Zipping past a gas station on my bike with a smile on my face.
5. Laying down on the back lawn of my parents' house in NH and looking at the sky when I was younger. Why can't the sky be that clear in urban areas?
6. Escaping a horrendous traffic accident unharmed.
7. Riding my bike home from a park on the Upper West Side of Manhattan one early evening. As I cruised along the Hudson River Park, I stumbled across a band playing a live gig on a small patch of grass along the river.
There are more I'm sure, and hopefully some reasons not yet discovered. I'm sure I'll have days this summer where the project seems more like a lion than a lamb—hopefully this list will keep me going.
---
These guys were just talking about Motivators.
This is has nothing to do with anything, it is just nice.
I’ve moved to redjotter.com
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment