Guess what loyal readers (aka Mom), this here is the last post that you will experience on this blog. I will continue to think and write, especially pro-bicycle/anti-deathmobile poetry, just not here.
My blog doesn't have swine flu or anything, it is just time to shut it down. But before I go...
Funkytown went off without a hitch on Tuesday. Our fear leading up to the presentation was that there was no way to make delivering a research proposal fun (which we all had hoped to do). I think we overcame this hurdle, by our use of creative pictures, puns, and funky-style delivery. I liked it at least.
The idea itself will probably end there, which is a shame. I'm pretty sure that more events in a small community (probably not as much in big cities) would make a difference, somehow. It would at least give people the opportunity to get off the couch and meet some people/do some things they might not otherwise had.
Admittedly, I am freaking totally idealistic about these things and believe that if we all threw our computers into the trash we would be better off for it, so take that into account.
Anyway, a big "Oh-Yeah" to my Funkytown mates for some great times and good work. We turned an idea that we had totally thrown out as a joke (seriously) into a completely legitimate research proposal that everybody believed in. As an added bonus, we didn't involve social networking or twittering.
Speaking of social networking...although I still think of Facebook as a heaping pile of rubbish, I do enjoy how they have added "Pirate" as one of the available languages. Finally, somebody recognizes its legitimacy.
Speaking of language...you should go to Barcelona.
That's it. I love you. See you in real life.
I’ve moved to redjotter.com
10 years ago
2 comments:
O Yeah back at you my funky friend
i think this blog definately got serious swine flu!
Post a Comment